mindtalk : meddle
posted by Jay June 28, 2020 0 comments


Greetings.

Today I just feel like typing in English instead of Malay, so here it is.

Have you ever meddle in someone else's business? What is your reason? Is it because you felt like you know what needed to be done? Or is it simply the urge intoxicating you? Or is it some other random reason?

This topic came up to my mind when one of my friends told me he would not even bother to ask about someone's problem unless the said person opened up to him by itself. I was listening to him as I would to any of my friends whenever they wanted to tell me anything, then a question came up to my mind: what if the said someone was waiting for us to actually ask?

Would it appear as if we were not interested/care enough to ask? Then, what is the right action to express that we care, without being the busy body: sticking your nose into someone else's business? Or is it necessary to just stick our nose in because it is one of the ways of caring?

Then it got me to a new question. Even if the previous questions were left unanswered. Hah.

What defines a busy body?

Is it when we just meddle in anyone's business? Or is it when we did so even though that person said no? Or...

Well, I am not sure anymore.
Tell me about your thoughts.

Until next time,
Adios.




Labels:

design by Wanaseoby