rant : open and distance learning
posted by Jay July 07, 2020 0 comments

Greetings!
How are you guys doing?

Hari ni, nak membebel sikit la.

I've been putting this off for quite a while, but I decide to get it off my chest today. How many of you are going through online classes right now? Or have gone through the process? How was it? Was it good? Or were you left feeling frustrated over the fact that your teachers or lecturers expected you to be available at all times because you're always at home, but then your family thought you were free because of the same reason?

And who would be stuck in between whether to study or do the house chores? The students of course. Just because it's online, does not mean we are all free from other daily tasks and attend the class anytime anywhere. I might be driving to buy some groceries when the lecturer asks the students to submit a group list. I might be taking a nap after a full day of class when the last minute notice comes in to inform there will be a class in 30 minutes.

And no, just because I am using my laptop, or phone, or anything for that matter, means I am free. The class is there, the assignments are all there, the discussion happens in there too. I am not free at all times, and sometimes I feel people just cannot understand that.

It's not even working life, yet people are pushing me to the edge at all sides expecting me not to burst into anger. I am frustrated over the past few weeks because of this. Even if I am your employee, I am still a human being. Forcing me to be available 24 hours will only reduce my productivity. Search for some survey, and you will find a large number of studies proving so. Even if you cannot find any, ask any psychiatrist about it, they will tell you so. Stress plus exhaustion equals to lack of productivity and quality.

I have five assignments going on and have to be completed by the end of this month, along with tests, quizzes, and classes in between, yet my family thought it would be fun and dandy to demand my help around. As if it was only me there. Do you think I'd be refusing if I was free and doing nothing? No. I'd gladly help. But that is not the case, isn't it? Just like everyone else, I am busy too.

Just because we sit and spend our time in front of the screen means we are playing games or chatting around. Try to do my assignments, I bet your brain would explode after a few hours.

Now, I want to cool off and continue working on those assignments. Maybe get some rest afterward, because I haven't even eaten anything since this morning. Now, I am so free to not even eat right? Urgh.

Until next time.
Adios.

Labels:

design by Wanaseoby